This document has been prepared to help provide you with information about ® Botox (Botulinum Toxin Filler) for anti-ageing, its risks, and alternative treatments. It is important that you read this information carefully and completely.
® Botox Treatments
® Botox is the brand name for Botulinum Toxin Filler Type A. It is the purified form of the toxin and when injected in small doses into specific muscles, blocks the chemical signals that cause muscles to contract. When the muscles cannot tighten, the overlying skin appears smoother and less wrinkled. ® Botox is most commonly used for anti-ageing purposes like wrinkle removal, but also has multiple additional usages.
Due to the ageing process, the skin loses its collagen which results in the thinning and weakening of the skin as it slowly loses its structural integrity. These ageing signs become visible increasing with sun exposure and environmental exposure. Signs of ageing is most visible through wrinkles forming around the eyes and on the forehead. There are a few prominent actions that cause wrinkles, for example sleeping positions, frowning and other facial expressions.
The two types of wrinkles include:
- Static Wrinkles – Constantly visible wrinkles also known as facial lines regardless of whether your face at rest or animated.
- Dynamic Wrinkles – Wrinkles and lines that appear when your face is animated.
Noviskin Cosmetic Center recommends Botox Treatments to reduce and remove the visibility of these wrinkles.
® Botox has some common application sites:
- Horizontal forehead lines Glabellar frown lines Lateral Canthal lines (commonly called Crows feet)
- “Eye brow lift” – temporal brow lift
- Nasal flare
- “Face lift” – facial asymmetry
- “Smokers face lines” – upper lip wrinkling (smokers lines)
- “Nose correction” – nasolabial Folds
- “Neck augmentation treatments” – treatment of the ageing neck Gummy smile
® Botox has clinical application. ® Botox Treatments can be used for:
What are the benefits of ® Botox treatments?
The first benefit is that “dynamic” wrinkles that appear while you are moving your face, such as when you frown, are softened. The biggest advantage however to ® Botox, is its wrinkle removal ability within 2 weeks, and if post-procedure protocol is followed there are limited side effects. The popularity of ® Botox is mainly because it is a much more subtle anti-ageing treatment procedure that doesn’t visibly wound the skin. The ® Botox is injected strategically to make the face look younger and remove wri