Dr Marianne Duvenage
MBChB MMed (Derm) Pret
Advanced Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine
Dermatologist (PR No. 1201182)
I was born in 1958 in Potchefstroom, the daughter of a university lecturer father and a teacher mother.
I was elected as Head Girl at Menlo Park High School, Pretoria, where I completed Grade 12 with 6 distinctions in 1976. My dedication to my studies was rewarded when I was awarded the Ernest Oppenheimer Memorial Trust Scholarship to study medicine at The University of Pretoria.
In 1983 I completed my MBChB degree. In 1989 I received my MMed (Derm) (Pret) degree, thus qualifying as a specialist dermatologist. I took over a large and busy dermatology practice in 1990.
Believing in a healthy lifestyle and knowing the importance of making time for oneself, I have a wide variety of interests and activities. These include:
- Played the cello in Betty Pack’s Youth Orchestra for many years
- Playing the piano is the best escape ever
- I climbed Kilimanjaro (Uhuru peak – the highest peak in Africa) and cycled the 104km Argus Cycle Race
- I successfully walked around Mont Blanc, traversing France, Italy and Switzerland in the “Tour du Mont Blanc” in July 2008.
- I am an enthusiastic golfer
- I have completed numerous 101km ultra-walks
History, affiliations and programmes involvement
- Holder of the coveted “Ernest Oppenheimer Memorial Trust Bursary” from 1977 to 1983
- MBChB: University of Pretoria, 1983
- MMed (Derm) (Pret) 1989; Studied under the mentorship of Prof G H Findlay
- Registered Specialist Dermatologist with the HPCSA, membership no MP 0027325
- Solo private medical practice established in 1990
- Founder member: Little Company of Mary Skin and Laser Clinic in 1998.
- Board of Directors: Little Company of