This document has been prepared to help provide you with information about Acleara™ Acne Treatments of the skin, its risks, and alternative treatments. It is important that you read this information carefully and completely.
Acne Treatment with Acleara™
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, acne is the most common skin condition in the USA. In South Africa, acne is equally as common.
Approximately 80% of all people between the ages of 11 and 30 years, suffer from some form of acne. For some people, the problem persists into their 40`s and beyond. Various acne treatments are available in the market. The majority of acne treatments consist mostly of medicine that has to be taken orally, or used topically for extensive periods of time.
However, the doctors at NoviSkin proudly present an alternative treatment to combat mild to moderate acne with the Acleara™ Acne Treatment System. This system is powered by a vacuum with filtered broad band intense pulsed light technology.
The Acleara™ Acne Treatment System is classified as a cosmetic procedure and will not be covered by your medical aid.
What are the benefits of having Acne Treatment?
- A clearer skin.
- Clinical and significant acne clearance.
- A comfortable, well-tolerated and safe procedure.
- Results are seen within a week or two. This is a major advantage for the patient. Especially with upcoming social events, or for patients that only experience periodic flare-ups.
- No downtime.
- This procedure is non-invasive, comfortable and fast.
- Far less painful than other topical vacuum and light-based treatments available on the market.
- The procedure eliminates or drastically reduces the need for oral medicine.
- All skin types can be treated, from very fair to dark skin.
- Results are seen in a relatively short time-span.
- No anaesthesia is required.
- The face or back or both can be done.
- No adverse effects have been described during or after the acne treatment.
- No sensitivity to sunlight after Acleara™ is experienced as with many other acne treatments.
- Secondary effects of acne such as redness, skin colour changes and scarring all improve significantly.
- Long-term results are good with only a small group of patients developing partial recurrence 3-6 months after treatment.
- You may continue any other medical treatment prescribed by your doctor while doing the Acleara™ Light Acne Treatment. The Acleara™ Acne Treatment will sometimes be done on its own, without requiring additional medical treatmen