ANDROPAUSE takes place over 10 -15 years in men. Over 30 – 40 % of men between the ages of 40 – 55 years old and are experiencing andropausal symptoms. Over 13.8 Million men in USA suffer from andropause.
Most commonly characterized by a subtle and gradual onset and very slow progression of symptoms. Often these changes are attributed to the natural and unavoidable consequence of ageing.
Specialised leydig cells in the testes produce 90 – 95 % of the testosterone. A small amount is produced by the adrenal glands .Only 1- 2% of testosterone in the blood is unbound or free.
Are you experiencing the following symptoms, then you most probably are andropausal and need to consult with a doctor at Noviskin
- Decreased libido, decrease erection
- Decreased muscle strength and muscle mass
- Loss of hair in extremities
- Large abdomen and thin legs
- Sleep apnea
Causes of andropause
- Genetic defects such a hypochlorydia which decrease Zinc and copper uptake resulting in decreased production of testosterone.
- Sleep deprivation can cause a reduction in testosterone up to 15% if 5 hours of sleep has decreased
- Poor diet with low protein intact can increase SHBG resulting in less bioavailable testosterone
- Lack of exercise
The relationship between low testosterone, weight gain, and eventually cardiovascular disease
Low testosterone provokes an inflammatory response causing increased levels of CRP. Inflammation causes cortisol levels to increase and its counterpart hormone estrogen, to increase. Elevated levels of cortisol and estrogen directly affect insulin sensitivity. Decreased insulin sensitivity causes an increase in glucose blood levels and hypometabolism. Decrease testosterone also increases lipid deposits increasing the risk for cardiovascular disease.
Getting your levels checked early can prevent more severe conditions such as Myocardial infarction. Don’t be a statistic get tested and treated early!