An international pioneer, Dermapen® is a medically engineered and developed skin needling device that utilises 12 surgical grade microneedles to deliver effortless and effective skin needling. Employing patented technology, the microneedles are encased in an ergonomic automated pen utilising Advanced Oscillating Vertical Needles (AOVN) technology. The AOVN technology allows the pen to glide smoothly over the skin delivering efficient, dramatic and long-lasting results.
It manoeuvers freely across all facial and body contours and targets and treats the smallest or largest concerns in the hardest to reach places.
Over 1300 microchannels are produced at a speed of 108 revolutions per second.
The needles are disposable and free from titanium and nickel and will be tolerated by even the most allergic of skins.
Benefits and Features
- Fractional skin rejuvenation
- Increase patient comfort
- Reduced downtime
- Reduced epidermal damage
- Removes needle bending
- Versatility of needle depth to suit treatment area
- Sterile to limit infection
- Disposable easy interchangeable needles
- Step 1: analgesic is applied to the affected area
- Step 2: serums are applied to the skin to help the Dermapen® glide across the skin.
- Step 3: post treatment
Skin conditions treated with DERMAPEN®
- Collagen induction therapy – wrinkle reduction
- Sun damage
- Hair regeneration
- Stretch marks
- Enlarged pores
- Wrinkles around the mouth – rythides
This means you should not undergo this treatment or that certain areas should be avoided!
- Skin cancer
- Blood thinners i.e. Warfarin
- Diabetics with active infection
- Active skin lesions i.e. herpes simplex
Possible Side Effects
- Erythema for 3- 5 days
- Scratches or mild scarring which resolves after 2 weeks
- PIH might occur but speak to your doctor if you are prone to post inflammatory hyper pigmentation.