Integrative medicine is a science-based healthcare approach to disease resolution. Treats illness and promotes wellness. Focus is on biochemical aspects of each client and integrating all systems. The aim is to restore physiological, biochemical and psychological structural balance.
At NoviSkin we want to understand the fundamental physiological processes that are causing ageing and skin conditions. We want to identify environmental inputs and genetic predispositions and manipulate the DNA defects to prevent illness. NoviSkin practitioners want to treat the cause and not just the symptom.
7 basic principles of integrative medicine:
- Science-based medicine that connects the emerging research-based to clinical practice
- Biochemical individuality based on genetic and environmental uniqueness
- Patient-centred care rather than disease-focused treatment.
- Dynamic balance of internal and external factors that affect total functioning
- Web-like interconnections among the body’s physiological processes also affect every aspect of functionality.
- Health as a positive vitality, not merely the absence of disease.
- Promotion of organ reserve